College Road Trip 2020
Freedom Riders Remix
April 6-10, 2020
Registration Now Open!
1. What is the departure/drop off location?
Open Word Christian Ministries front parking lot, 6230 Hwy 92, Fairburn, GA 30213
Chaperones who wish to leave their cars should park in the second row directly in front of the church. We will be traveling on a Chartered 56 passenger coach.
2. What hotel will we be lodging?
4 – 5 star rated hotels (Embassy Suites, etc.) Addresses will be provided before departure date.
3. What are room assignments?
Gender specific, usually 3-4 per room. Roommates chosen by College Road Trip directors.
4. What is the time for lights on/off?
11:00pm, unless otherwise directed by the chaperones.
5. What is the dress code?
Monday – College Road Trip t-shirts & jeans (NO HOLES)
Tuesday – White polo shirts & khaki pants
Wednesday – Business Dress: White Oxford shirt/Red tie/Black slacks or skirt (Black Blazer if available) /Black shoes
Wednesday Evening – Favorite College shirt and jeans
6. How many chaperones will there be?
There will be one chaperone per every five students
7. What items should students bring with them?
Students should bring their cell phone, only one large piece of luggage and any medicine and/or medical devices needed (i.e. inhalers, glucose meters, etc.) Recreational drugs and narcotics are forbidden. If found, students will be dismissed from the tour at the parent's expense.
8. How much spending money should students bring?
Suggested amount at least $50
9. What contact numbers will we have in case of questions during the trip?
Pastor Maya – 770-312-1586
John Reed - 678-677-5908
Chief Henry Washington – 571-451-9964
10. Required documents must be signed before students board the bus.
Waivers, emergency contact sheet, etc. *May be updated as we approach departure
11. What are the colleges that will be visited?
Alabama State University, Dillard University, Jackson State University, Louisiana State University, Southern University, Tougaloo College, Xavier University
12. What is the price of the College Road Trip?
The price is $500.00 per student
*The itinerary is subject to change.